Hooking with Chenille

Hooking with Chenille
Pattern by Lana Omlor

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fall Newsletter for Wadsworth

Kidl’-de-Divey Woolens
Fall 2011 Newsletter
It’s only June but once again it’s time to prepare for fall. I miss you all and hope you are having a great summer thus far. My summer consists of Physical Therapy to strengthen my knees post op, starting a new position as surgical coordinator in OB –same place different duties, Drivers Ed with our 15 ½ yr old (agh!), and college planning with my soon to be senior. I miss her already.
Kingwood was a success again this year. God gave us a beautiful day and held off the rain til the last of the vendors were packed up. Next year, plan on attending June 9 show and hook in there. It will be a week earlier but I had to do that in order to reserve both rooms as we had this year which really helped with traffic flow. I came home with way too many cookies but you chickies ate all my cheese and grapes. Guess I better go healthy next year. Thank you to all who attended and made this day a great one.
Kingwood offers their facility to us at no charge. They were so accommodating this year. The ladies in the plant shop look forward to the hookers. They are great customers. I appreciate you supporting the greenhouse.
Amazing this year we brought in almost $800 for the Ashland Pregnancy Center. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!
The theme for Kingwood 2012 is “Autumn”. If you would like to be part of our challenge there are a few kits still available. You can choose any fall themed pattern but you must incorporate the three elements in the kit. Kits are $2 each. There are a limited number of kits available so feel free to email me to let me know that you would like one. kallman@zoominternet.net
As you have read the letter enclosed you can see that our meeting place has changed as well as how often we will be meeting. Please know that I have classes here at my home and you are welcome here in Ashland as well. If you need hooking supplies/wool I have a wide variety of items here in my studio. I am open by appointment other than my class time.
If you are not able to make the trek to Ashland and need something special call me before class so I can bring it with me to Wadsworth.
SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER We will have open hooking this fall at the library. I am offering a class to anyone that may be interested. It seems we usually do something for Halloween or Christmas so I thought we could be “Different” and reflect on Veterans Day this year. No matter what our choice of political party we have so much to be thankful for. So I thought we would do a patriotic class. We will have a small lecture on flags of the past and you can decide what design you would like to do on your piece of linen. I thought I would do mine in an unconventional monochromatic and finish it off Polly Minick style. See enclosed pix. I will have reds/whites/blues/ and the monochromatic wools for you to choose from. You choose the style and the size.
Price includes serged edge linen and instruction/assistance drawing pattern choice $25.00
You can bring your own wools or purchase from the stash I bring to class.
As I mentioned this project is optional but I need to know in advance so I bring enough supplies with me. Call or email today to order yours. If you desire you can bring your current project to hook on if you do not wish to do the patriotic piece.

MARCH-JUNE Spring time brings “Samplers”. You will have choice of pattern (2) from Nola Heidbreder. I will be bringing to the library so I can take orders.

The annual Lakeside, OH retreat (Oct 7-9, 2011) at Jacquie’s house is now filled. I think that took all of 2-3 days. Let me know if anyone is interested in being on the waiting list. I have enclosed the info just in case we have a cancellation.
The Zoar Hooking a Village still has a few openings. It is Oct 21-22 in Zoar, OH. It is to be a great class on pictorials. Lots of door prizes and of course good eats and fellowship.
As Gary has moved to Vermilion, OH I will be teaching there and have wool for sale. The second and fourth Tuesday of each month we will meet from 4p-8p. It is a long way away for most of you but just thought I would let you know. The Chair maker shop is on Liberty Street. Perhaps you could stop in when you attend the wooly bear festival this coming fall. I have never been but sounds like a road trip to me if the price of gas continues to fall. Hahahha. Have a great summer and see you in September at our new location the Wadsworth Public Library. Be sure to stop for coffee at Ann’s bakery on the way. My daughter, Claire says she has great éclairs.  We stopped in and I treated her to one and she only gave me two bites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2014 Western Reserve Rug Hooers

March 2014 Western Reserve Rug Hooers
Carpet Bag Project Side 1

Western Reserve Project March 2014

Western Reserve Project March 2014
Side two

Sampler Class

Sampler Class
Choice 2 (center Square of pattern only)

Sampler Class

Sampler Class
Choice 1

VERMILION and WADSWORTH OHIO

VERMILION and WADSWORTH OHIO
sampler class Choice 2

March 2012 VERMILION AND WADSWORTH, OH

March 2012 VERMILION AND WADSWORTH, OH
sampler class Choice 1

Hooking a VIllage (Sample)

Hooking a VIllage (Sample)
Zoar Retreat October 21 and 22, 2011

NORWALK,OH SNOWMAN MAT

NORWALK,OH  SNOWMAN MAT
January 21, 2012

Patriotic Class Sample-Fall 2011

Patriotic Class Sample-Fall 2011
In faded traditional colors

Patriotic Class SAMPLE for September/Vermilion AND Wadsworth Library

Patriotic Class SAMPLE for  September/Vermilion AND Wadsworth Library
Beginning September 15 (Rug size 31x43)